Does your social group need additional funds?
Small pots of funding are available through the Sandwell Community Offer.
Who can apply?
• Funding must go to groups and organisations that benefit people aged 65 and over
• The group must operate in West Bromwich Central, Greets Green, Lyng, Hateley Heath, Charlemont or Grove Vale
• Groups must have no other form of major funding, but must be funded mainly by member’s subscription (i.e. paying a small fee per visit).
Things we’re looking for
• Groups with volunteers that have the capability of operating a local ‘Meals on Wheels’ type service
• Groups that need help with advertising their groups and services
• Groups that organise day trips and holidays
• Groups that need small equipment and materials restocking
How to apply
To apply, please submit a covering letter, including a brief history of your group and its remit, and your proposal for the funding.
Please also submit a breakdown of the costs you plan to spend.
You may apply for up to £500-£1000 per group.
Please email your documents to KPG-CommunityOffer@kaleidoscopeplus.org.uk or post to
FAO: The Sandwell Community Offer
The Kaleidoscope Plus Group
First Floor, Hawthorns House
A group of men and women in Greets Green operate an inter-generational sewing and knitting group attracting a range of local people seeking opportunities to lift themselves from social isolation and others who need to tackle new challenges and learn new skills as a route to a sense of greater wellbeing.
In this group the older people teach the skills they have gained over many years to the younger.
As their numbers grew and with no access to additional funding it was increasingly difficult for the group to meet the demand for equipment and to acquire and replace materials etc.
Through the Community Offer seed corn fund we were able to provide new equipment and replace materials to keep the group up and running and allow for growth.
This group is one among many that the Community Offer refers local people into when they are looking to socialise more.