The West Bromwich Albion foundation have recently secured funding to enable them to work in partnership with The Kaleidoscope Plus Group to design and deliver a ‘Positive Wellbeing’ schools programme and to support campaigns that raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing.
As a result we are looking for:
• 2 Wellbeing Workers: £16,000 – £19,000 per annum pro rata (Full time – 12 month fixed term contract in the first instance)
Reporting to the Deputy Director (The West Bromwich Albion Foundation) and/or Director of Operations (The Kaleidoscope Plus Group) the successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Designing , developing, delivering and evaluating ‘Positive Wellbeing’ programmes for young people in Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4
• Working across the primary and secondary sector in the Black Country
• Signposting young people to other services as and when appropriate and liaising with a range of agencies and stakeholders
• Publicising and promoting the programme to head teachers and senior leaders
• Being instrumental in forging an operational partnership between The Albion Foundation and The Kaleidoscope Plus Group
• Organising activities to raise awareness of Positive Mental Health and Well-Being that support local and national campaigns
• Fully utilising the brand name ‘West Bromwich Albion Football Club’ to normalise and encourage discussion around mental health concerns
• Contributing to mid-year and year end Premier League monitoring reports or internal evaluations
• Performing administration duties to support programmes. For example data capture, organising additional activities that add value, preparing resources, keeping records
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by your line manager
• Possess a good level of education including evidence of post-16 study
• Have experience of working with young people in a variety of settings
• Have a good understanding of the concepts of ‘well-being’ and ‘positive mental health’
• Have an excellent knowledge of safeguarding practices and procedures
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Be creative and dynamic, enthusiastic and willing to go ‘above and beyond’
• Be flexible and highly organised
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Understand the importance of partnership working
• Possess and demonstrate all eleven Core Values agreed by The Albion Foundation
• Strive to ‘Inspire to Achieve’
Please email your completed application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm, Monday 30th January 2017.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 2nd February 2017.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS and two written references.