Location: At Home – Remote
Time Commitment: Flexible – minimum of 4 hours per week
About the role:
Talk2Us volunteers give their time to offer advice, support and guidance to individuals who are experiencing increased levels of stress and anxiety. They operate a helpline and Facebook chat service.
They also spread the word about the Talk2Us service as far and as wide as possible, using their digital skills and self-motivation to enable Talk2Us to reach as many people in need throughout the UK, as possible.
- Listening actively to people in distress
- Giving healing, supportive and reassuring advice and guidance
- Taking care of their own wellbeing needs
- Engaging with our social media content
- Staying connected with the team and fellow volunteers.
What’s in it for you?
- Be active and engaged
- Add value to your local community
- Signpost support services to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills and improve your CV
- Great people skills, be approachable and friendly
- Comfortable with using social media
- Tolerance, open-mindedness and a desire to help others
- Good grammar and spelling.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete our short and simple application form which can be accessed by clicking this link