We understand that the holidays aren’t always a happy and restful time. You may be celebrating without a loved one for the first time, anxious about all your social plans, isolated and feeling alone, or guilty that you can’t get in the festive spirit. No matter what you are feeling, we are here to support you and provide you with some tips to help you feel more like yourself during this time. Check out our top 10 tips to mindfully improve your mood over the festive season below:
6. Have a warm bath or shower. Not only is the warm water relaxing, but you’ll feel fresher afterwards too! Why not try a new shower gel or bath bomb too to add a little bit of aromatherapy?
7. Give yourself a makeover. It could be as simple as trimming or painting your nails, trying out a new makeup look, styling your hair differently or trying on a new outfit!
8. Talk to a friend. Talking to someone, even if it’s not about how you’re feeling, can help you get out of your head and uplift your mood. If you’re comfortable to talk about how you’re feeling, this can help you process things, and your friend might be able to offer you a fresh perspective.
9. Have a clear out. If your space is cluttered and messy, it doesn’t make for a very restful environment. Have a tidy up, get rid of old things you don’t need anymore and maybe rearrange your space a little bit to make it feel new and refreshed!
10. Get creative! Being creative is a great way to boost your self-esteem, help you to process and understand your emotions and give you a sense of control. There’s loads of things that you can do to engage your creativity – cooking or baking, playing an instrument, writing, drawing, painting, crafts, collage… the list goes on!