Primary Mental Health Workers

Our Primary Mental Health Workers (PMHW’s) specialise in children and young people’s emotional and mental health and wellbeing.

"An Open Space"
"My counsellor was a very nice and trustworthy person. It was a nice, open space to talk."
"So Much Better"
"It was my first time in counseling and I feel as though having you, made my days so much better"
"You Have Helped Me"
"You have helped me crack the codes in my head and think in a different way."
"A Lot Easier"
"The sessions made dealing with things so much easier. It was nice to talk to someone rather than ignore what's going on."

Let Us Help

If you are going through a difficult time or if you are struggling with how you are feeling, it can be scary and upsetting and you might not know who to turn to for help.

At Kaleidoscope Plus Group, our Primary Mental Health Workers (PMHW’s) specialise in supporting children and young people with their emotional and mental health and wellbeing. Our team can offer support to both you and your family when things get tough.

We will listen to you without judgement in a safe environment. We will work together to improve your social skills as well as looking after your wellbeing and help take away some of those immediate pressures.

What Type of Support
Will I Recieve?

Our PMHW’s will carry out an assessment to find out more about what kind of support might be suitable for you. The type of support you will be offered will be dependent on this assessment but may include:

  • One-to-one support in a relaxed setting where you will be able to talk to a healthcare professional about your thoughts, feelings and concerns
  • Support groups for families and carers
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
  • Drama Therapy
  • Art Therapy
  • Counselling

Who Can Access This Service?

Our PMHW service is for children and young people aged 16 and under, however the support we offer is suitable for the whole family.

If you are a parent or carer and are finding life a little difficult, need additional support to help manage your child’s wellbeing or if you are worried about violence or substance abuse, out team are here to help.

We can also offer support to help you understand what a care giving role looks like and how it should be received.

How Can I Get A Referral?

We are partnered with CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) who will act on your behalf to get a referral to our service.

You can contact them via email [email protected] or call 0121 6126620. Please click the button below to download their referral form. Once completed, please email it to CAMHS or post it to the address on the form.